Tuesday 20 September 2016

September 20, AO year 1, week 17

We were able to squeeze in a bit of school this morning before heading off to our locals moms' group and our outdoor playgroup in the afternoon.

Fina did some composer study during breakfast.  I finished our current chapter of Little House in the Big Woods.

I read Psalms 2 and Fina narrated it.

We read chapter 13 of Paddle to the Sea. I read it in chunks and Fina narrated it.  She still has trouble with it. Which is so funny to me!

We read "The Knight Whose Armour Didn't Squeak" from Now We Are Six.  Fun!

Fina did some cursive. She needs to still work on her letters P and O.

Hers is the green


We reviewed all the "plus 2" math facts.
Fina recited "Now Fair Hippolyta" and the first part of "What country friends is this" from Shakespeare.
We did our picture study. Jacques Louis David's Portrait of Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier and his wife. A lovely painting. Fina was extremely insightful. She even guessed that they were rich and that the man was a scientist, possibly a chemist (which he was!).


We finished the math test for lesson 7.
We also song our folksong and our hymn.

We were in time to get to the moms group in town and then out to our outdoor playgroup. It was a lovely sunny day, in the low 20s celsius (our last day above 20 according to the weather forecast). The children had a wonderful afternoon out at our park. Fina stayed out until 7pm with one of her friends.

Do let me know if you signed up for the email feed and receive something from me!

2 comments:

  1. I signed up and received the email with the last posting and the one before that which I could read straight from my email than if I wanted to post I had to go to the website. It worked!!!

    ReplyDelete