Wednesday 1 February 2017

AO year 1, week 25, February 1

We started with reading genesis 1:1-5 and Fina narrated it very well. (I'm trying something new for our Bible. On Mondays, we read our Bible readings for the following Sunday. The next day, we will do the AO reading for the week. And the other days, we will alternate between Genesis and Matthew, as per Charlotte Mason's PNEU schedule for Form I year A).

I read chapter 19 from Paddle to the Sea, the forest fire. Fina enjoyed it and her narration was evidence that she connected with it this time!

I read "The Cat, the Cock and the Young Mouse" from Aesop's Fables and Fina gave a very detailed narration of it.

We did our lesson 6 from our catechism book, based on the 10 Commandments.

She reviewed some cursive and learned the letter R.



She recited a bunch of things for me and we continued working on "My father had a daughter" from Twelfth Night.

Fina dad 13A and B of her math.

We started our new artist, Hans Holbein the Younger. We looked at "Portrait of a Young Man." Fina did such a great job with it!



We sang our folksong "Farewell to Nova Scotia" and we started our hymn "Be Thou My Vision."

Fina read "Down the Hill" from Frog and Toad aloud to me. She is reading wonderfully.

Then I read a few more stories from Frog and Toad to Fina. They are such cute and funny stories.

We read the story of "St Ursula" from Amy Steedman's In God's Garden. Fina says "aren't there Ursuline nuns?" Yes, Fina! Yes there are! Really?!?! I'm not sure how she knows this stuff, or how she makes these connections?

No comments:

Post a Comment