Tuesday 31 January 2017

AO year 1, week 25, January 31

Well, Fina got a much better sleep last night after having played outside for 3 hours in the evening, so I'm hoping today goes better!

We started by reading from Luke 2:41-52. Fina gave a very good narration about the boy Jesus at the Temple.

She learned two new cursive letters, P and Q.

Please excuse the blurry photo! Aren't those nice Qs?

She reviewed her recitations. We went a few lines farther into "My Father had a daughter loved a man" from Twelfth Night.

We read William Blake's "The Lamb" from The Oxford Book of Children's Verse.

I finished reading "King Alfred Learns to Read" and she gave a great narration. What a difference from yesterday!

We started a new folksong today, "Farewell to Nova Scotia." I remember this from when I was young.

We read "The Alphabet" from Just So Stories. Such a cute story. Fina narrated it well.

I read "The Fox and the Goat" from Aesop's Fables and Fina narrated.  I read somewhere on FaceBook that it isn't necessary to give the moral at the end, so I left it off. And I asked her what she thought the moral would be. "Don't help people." (It was "look before you leap.")  Ha!

She read aloud an entire chapter from Frog and Toad All Year, "Christmas Eve." It was wonderful! She was very proud of herself.



We spent all afternoon at our outdoor playgroup. It was pretty cold, but the kids had fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment