Friday 31 March 2017

Year 1, week 33, day 2, March 31

For those of you who are wondering, here is a photo of what our current Spanish vocab book looks like (the Berlitz First 1000 words in Spanish one).


Fina listened to some of The Red Fairy Book on Librivox over breakfast.
Then she practiced her piano pieces.

I read Genesis 4:1-16, Cain and Abel. Fina says "see! Even Cain had original sin." It was quite the moment.

We started on subtraction today. Fina did 18A.

We reviewed her recitations.

I read "The Hare and the Tortoise" and "The Fox and the Crow" from Aesop's Fables.

We read pages 15-18 of Peppa se va a dormir. Fina's Spanish comprehension is above and beyond what I imagined. This kid is really something. (It makes me feel a lot better about my guilt for her lack of fluency in any other language other than English. I guess it DID all stick with her. Spanish, Italian, even French.)
We reviewed all our nursery rhymes and even looked at two new vocab pages, "En la sala," about the living room. There were all kinds of things Fina knows nothing about. VCRs, walkmen, CD players. Words that are useless to her!

I read poem #165, "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear from The Oxford Book of Children's Verse. We listened to Stravinsky's rendition of this poem, which I remembered from undergrad. Very cool!

We sang our hymn and started our new folk song, "The Red River Valley." Seeing as we live in it, I thought it would be a good choice.

Fina worked on some cursive.
She likes the top blue one the best.

Fina finished reading Squirrel Nutkin. And she started Benjamin Bunny.

She spent the rest of the day playing outside with her friends. It's nice to have the public school kids home and outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment