Wednesday 5 October 2016

October 5, AO year 1, week 19

This morning we went outside after breakfast and counted 50 worms in our parking lot and 11 on the sidewalk. 61 worms. Such fun!

This was the longest one we found. Probably 25cms.

I read Proverbs 1:8-19 and Fina narrated it.
We did chapter 3 from our catechism book.
We sang through our hymn, "Canticle of the Sun."

I read some of the geography things scheduled for this term. I read the poem "The Sailor Boy's Gossip" from Charlotte Mason's Elementary Geography. And I also read and we worked through "How the Sun shows direction" from Long's Home Geography.  She learned the four points of the compass and where they actually are in our house / town / world. She did a great job with this!

Fina recited "What country friends is this" which she knows perfectly. She learned basically the entire four lines of our new passage, from Twelfth Night. She amazes me at times.

I read the story of "Casabianca" from Fifty Famous Stories. Fina narrated it very well.
We sang our folksong, "My Paddle / Land of the Silver Birch."
From Now We Are Six, I read the poems "The Good Little Girl" and "A Thought."

We learned our last lower case cursive letter, the letter "k." On to the upper case letters.

Here is her whole alphabet.

We read "The Fox and the Stork" and "The Travelers and the Sea" from Aesop's Fables. Fina narrated both very well.

I read the fairy tale "Il lupo e i sette capretti" from our Italian story book.

Fina did lesson 9E from her math.
She read me three pages from Plenty of Fish.

Fina spent the afternoon playing out in the cold with her little friend T. It is only 11 degrees celsius here.

No comments:

Post a Comment