Saturday 6 February 2016

February 6 Exam is ready

Here is our AO year 1 term 1 as it stands right now. I think it's ready for next week!
I'm going to try doing it in Evernote, so I can take audio recordings of her narrations, to transcribe later.  I will keep you posted!

My intention is to jump around in the exam each day, so that all the narrations are not together, nor all the recitations. I have 30 items. It might be a bit too long, but spread over the week, it might just be ok! Some of these items will be more challenging than others for her to do.

I really want to make this fun. This will be a sit-on-the-couch-under-a-cozy-blanket type of week. And I should try to do tea and snacks of some sort. I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I'm sure she will enjoy it too!


SERAFINA AO year 1, term 1 EXAM week

Bible

1. Tell your favourite Bible story so far. (see term 1 at a glance for titles)

2. Tell about Gideon and his three hundred. 

Tales and Fables

1. Tell a fairy tale you remember from this term from The Blue Fairy Book. (If needed, prompt “Beauty and the Beast,” “Sea Salt,” “Prince Darling,” or “Toads and Diamonds”, or “East of the Sun and West of the Moon.”) 

2. Pick one of Kiplings’ Just So Stories and tell about it. (Whale, Camel, Rhino or Leopard).

3. Tell me about one of your favourite Aesop Fables (and moral).

4. Tell a fairy tale you remember from either the Norwegian Fairy tale book or The Red Fairy Book

Free Reads

1. Who was your favourite character from your Free Reads and why? Tell me a little bit about the character. (If needed, prompt Peter Pan, Pinocchio, or St George and the Dragon, Velveteen Rabbit, King of the Golden River)

History

1. Tell about Boadicea, or, about Caligula. 

2. Tell the story of William Tell. 

3. Tell about Horatius at the Bridge or Androcles and the Lion. (Or if necessary, Alexander and Bucephelas or Cornelia’s Jewels).

4. Tell me something about Hudson. (Canadian bio)


Religion

1. Recite the Lord’s Prayer and the Apostle’s Creed and do the sign of the cross.

2. Which Saint did you most enjoy reading about? Tell me what you remember. (Alban, Augustin, Kentigern, Patrick, David, Molios)

3. Tell me something about our catechism program so far. (Good stewards of creation)

Geography

1. Find Italy and Switzerland on the globe. Or, Find Lake Superior on a map. 

2. What is the shape of the earth? 

3. Tell one interesting thing Paddle has encountered so far.

Natural History and General Science

1. Tell about one of your favourite birds from The Burgess Bird Book. (Jenny Wren, Bully the english sparrow, Chippy the chipping sparrow, Sweet Voice the vesper sparrow, Little Friend the song sparrow, Dotty the tree sparrow, Slaty the junco, Welcome robin, Winsome bluebird, Dear Me the phoebe, Chebec the least flycatcher)

2. Tell me about “Moses and the Kitten.”

Arithmetic 

1. Do questions in MUS primer reserved for this, including adding, telling time, subtraction. 

Cursive

1. Write your name in your best hand.

Composer Study

1. Who was our composer this term? Describe one of his compositions.

Picture Study

1. Who was our painter this term? Describe as well as you can your favourite picture from this term's picture study.  Or you can sketch it.

Recitation

1. Recite one poem from A Child's Garden of Verses.

2. Recite one poem from While We Were Very Young

3. Recite two passages from A Midsummer Night's Dream. 

Singing

1. Sing your favourite folksong from this term.

2. Sing your favourite hymn from this term. 

Handicrafts

1. Do a length of finger knitting for me right now. 

PE

1. Do one episode of yoga while mom watches.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my that is amazing work your doing mom. Im curious to see how the testing goes!! If she knows all of those things than that is amazing schooling..I don't know if at her age I could tell you where Switzerland was on the map..I don't even know if I could tell you now!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It is right above Italy, touching it. It is a little country with no water around it, bordered only by countries around it! : )

      Don't be fooled. It's not like she knows a tonne of geography. These are the specific things we have learned so far! But it is good to know something, for sure.

      Delete