Friday 27 November 2015

November 27, AO year 1, week 9

After yesterday's inside day, I'm glad we are going to meet our friend J and J for some outdoor fun right after lunch.

We listened to some Brahms this morning.

We read chapters 5 and 6 of Pinocchio, our free read.

Chapter 23 of our Math.  Tally marks. It is very simple, but it is taking her a bit of concentration and diligence (hello?) to wrap her head around it. It is funny how the things I think will be difficult are not, and the things I think will be simple are not either!!! But she is getting it. We did 23 A, B and C.

We did some poetry. She recited all that she could recite. I read three new poems "To Willie and Henrietta," "To my Mother," and "To my Auntie."

We sang through "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" a few times.

We read "Androclus and the Lion" from Fifty Famous Stories Retold. She gave me a wonderful narration of it. And we had a chance to speak about people being fed to the lions (!)

We reviewed her cursive letters g and j. She wanted to do a review of all her letters, so we did that as well.
Mom's in red.

A quick lunch, and then out to play. You know, it is only *minus* 8 (feels like minus 17) celsius!

No comments:

Post a Comment