Wednesday 9 December 2015

December 9, AO year 1 week 9

Yesterday's outdoor play group went very well. Such lovely weather we are having, for December in Manitoba!

Dad had the car assessed by our insurance and the damage is reparable. I am so pleased there wasn't more extensive, frame damage.  We are all feeling fine, which is wonderful.

This morning, I read "The Tempest" from Nesbit's Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare. Fina was able to narrate it to me. I did not know the story.

Fina and I finished listening to the Little House on the Prairie audiobook. Fina followed along with our novel.

I read chapters 21-23 of our current free-read, Pinocchio.

We did some math. 24 C-F. Making 10. She is doing fine with this. I happened to look at the Instruction Manual for this chapter as Fina was doing her work, and they have a cool activity called "racing to 100" where you fill a hundred block with different ways of making 10. She did it and then she read all the statements she had created to me. "1+9=10, 7+3+10." It was a fun activity.  I am glad I happened upon it.


Fina then wanted to build some mosaics on her hundred block, so she did that.

We have been keeping up with our Jesse tree and advent devotionals. And lots of outdoor time and lots of random stuff at home (crafts, playing, dressing up, this and that!)

Hopefully tomorrow we will be having our second homeschooling co-op meeting (if everyone manages to stay healthy). It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment